The Women's Opportunities Resource Center (WORC) is a nationally recognized not-for-profit organization headquartered in Philadelphia that promotes social and economic self-sufficiency for economically disadvantaged women and their families. WORC provides training, individual business assistance, a savings program, support services, and access to business and financial resources. WORC received the "2001 Presidential Award for Excellence in Microenterprise Development: Poverty Alleviation" from the United States Department of Treasury.
WORC is seeking a Development/Executive Assistant to assist the President in typing, editing reports, proof reading, grant requests, news releases, policy and research, event planning, travel arrangements, preparation of all documents, memos and correspondence for Board members and meetings. Duties include the scheduling of appointments, managing and organizing the President's office, as well as responding to emails, and other administrative responsibilities.
Minimum of 2-5 yrs experience. College degree or equivalent experience.
Please send a cover letter with resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com
The Women’s Opportunities Resource Center (WORC) is a nationally recognized not-for-profit organization headquartered in Philadelphia. WORC promotes social and economic self-sufficiency primarily for women, minorities, and dislocated workers. WORC and its subsidiary company, the Economic Opportunities Fund (EOF), are certified CDFI’s which provides a wide range of financial products (microloans from $1,000 to $50,000). Our loan fund is capitalized at $1.2 million. To date, we have made a total of 568 direct loans totaling over $2.4 million. In addition, we have packaged 45 loans totaling more than $1.1 million as an intermediary for the SBA Prequalification Program. WORC is an SBA microlender and recently received a highly competitive CDFI grant and was one of ten organizations nationwide to receive the ORR Microenterprise grant for Microlending and training with refugees.
WORC/EOF’s goal is to expand its market base and increase its loan volume and capital deployed. We are looking for a professional that is committed to meeting the needs of this underserved market, has demonstrated experience scaling a microenterprise organization and is comfortable with providing services to a diverse population, including refugees and immigrants.This position has a dual responsibility that includes leading our lending program and providing operational leadership across the organization. A strong background in micro and small business financing and organizational leadership is required. Experience in Consumer Finance is a plus. Must be comfortable with use of technology platforms. Management experience. BS/BA in business administration, community development, or in a related field. Master’s degree preferred. Minimum of 7+ years’ experience
- Manages and grows the Direct Lending Program including staff and consultant supervision, program marketing, new product development, portfolio performance, asset/liability management, financial projections and assumptions, underwriting, loan servicing, collections, community partnerships and program evaluation.
- Provide strong operational leadership for the organization including organizational and job design, employee management and service assessment and improvement.
- Responsible for loan portfolio quality and performance. Ensures compliance with portfolio standards e.g. that PAR 30 day + is less than 12% and annual write-off below 9%. Implements and monitors credit risk program including risk rating as well as identifying, measuring, controlling, monitoring the risks with periodic reporting to senior management and Board.
- Coordinates and plans the Advisory Council and Loan Committee meetings by setting the agenda, preparing reports and documents, and conducting the meetings
- Oversees Training and Business Assistance services to ensure quality service and compliance with contract goals.
- Responsible for grant compliance and reports as needed for funders, Advisory Council or Board of Directors.
- Member of senior management team - develops and implements EOF business plan/marketing plan.
- Fundraising and capitalization - writes grants and secures funding and assists with implementing WORC’s overall fundraising strategy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Salary is competitive based on experience and applicable skills. Benefits include vacation, paid holidays, health insurance and pension plan. WORC/EOF is an equal opportunity employer and the board and staff value diversity in all aspects of employment. Interested candidates should send resumes and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Women's Opportunities Resource Center (WORC) is a nationally recognized not-for-profit organization headquartered in Philadelphia that promotes social and economic self-sufficiency for primarily economically disadvantaged women and their families. WORC provides training, individual business assistance, a savings program, support services, and access to business and financial resources. WORC received the "2001 Presidential Award for Excellence in Microenterprise Development: Poverty Alleviation" from the United States Department of Treasury.
The RIS training Coordinator is responsible for the coordination, implementation, evaluation and facilitation of the series including maintaining positive relationships and communications with all nonprofit partners.The RIS Coodinator is a part-time position. This position reports to the President of WORC and Director of Lending. Expected to grow the program to a National Model.
- Coordinate and implement the RIS program. Serve as group facilitator for the entire series (four classes). Work with partners to enhance curriculum based on feedback and experience from first series. Arrange for expert guest speakers, as needed. Provide 6 months coaching sessions.
- Develop and implement strategic marketing program. Reach out to community agencies, human resources professional, women’s groups and organizations, RIS partners, community resources such as local educational facilities, libraries etc. Handle public relations such as newspaper advertising and articles, social media, etc. Give presentations to groups to promote the program.
- Recruit, review, and evaluate applications to determine if women meet selection criteria.
- Contact each women and provide detailed instruction regarding attendance at the program.
- Complete all reports required by funders. Develop evaluation tools to measure program outcomes. Ensure all evaluation forms are completed by women at the end of each session.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Minimum BS in business administration, human resources, human services, or related field. At least 3 years relevant experience in workshop facilitation and coaching skills. Strong relationships and knowledge of the community. Must have basic knowledge of retirement investment services and products.
SKILLS: Must possess excellent analytical, communication, problem solving, marketing, and skills. Knowledge and ability to identify resources in the community. Experience building alliances with other nonprofits. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships with a diverse group of women. Excellent verbal skills – speaking and writing. Strong training, workshop and coaching skills. Background in marketing programs. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications.
FOR CONSIDERATION: Please send a cover letter and resume along with salary requirements to email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Women's Opportunities Resource Center (WORC) is seeking a Contract Compliance Professional/Front Office Manager. The Contract Compliance/Front Office Manager will provide efficient and effective contract compliance support to program staff, ensuring reports are prepared according to donor requirements, assists program staff to monitor performance, maintain up to date reports as required. The Front Office Manager will manage the reception area and be the face of our organization to ensure visitors receive a warm welcome, and provide professional and friendly services to our visitors.
Functions/Responsibilities: Contract Compliance Coordinator/IDA Program Support:
- Responsible for accurate client records that are in compliance with Federal state regulations and funding requirements: track, maintain, and update client data in database and individual files and compile information into required reports (quarterly, semiannually and otherwise) for ORR IDA, and General FSA. Ensure Outcome Tracker is up to date and used to its full capacity for both IDA programs.
- Provide program support including preparing program packages, assist with outreach, client follow up, client graduation and program evaluation. Assist with FSA/IDA orientations. Determine and verify program eligibility. Attend staff meeting and reporting on the program progress.
- Assist with Marketing of the IDA programs and recruit clients by distributing announcements, establishing community relationships and networking. Maintain and update promotional materials, and other duties as required.
- Administration of front office area to ensure it is organized and efficient, which includes, customer service, managing emails, faxes, mail distribution, answer phones, and distribute messages.
- Ensure the agency/program information in lobby area is maintained, updated and current.
- Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory levels, work with Office Manager to ensure orders are placed timely and verify receipt of supplies received.
- Provide program and client support services.
- Manage the daily operations and upkeep of the computer lab, resource materials in 2nd floor training room, and maintain incubator.
- Prepare and set up for events, meetings etc., ordering appropriate food.
- 2. Other duties as required.
Functions/Responsibilities: Front Office Manager:
FOR CONSIDERATION: Please send a cover letter and resume along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Salary commensurate with experience.